BACKYARD CLEAN UP
Calling all Alameda Members!
We—the Alameda Family—need to clean up our backyard!
Would you come help us?
On Sunday, March 21st, come to worship in the morning, and then plan to stay for
lunch and work. The Brickman Life Group will provide a free lunch at 11:45am for
us to make it easier for us to transition into our work for the day. Early service
attenders may choose to go home after worship to change and then come back for
lunch and work. If you come to late service, bring a change of clothes with you and
change at the building so you don’t even have to go home! Come to worship with
your tools and whatever you need for work in your vehicle.
As you remember, in November we had an ice storm reek havoc in Norman and
other surrounding communities. Surely your family was impacted by this storm.
That same storm reek havoc on our church grounds as well, leaving a huge need for
us to do some serious clean up.
Also, during the months of COVID we have had a few distressed people temporarily
set up camp on our property. When they eventually moved on, some refuse was
unfortunately left behind. We are grateful to get to help those in need as much as we
can, and cleaning up after our guests leave us is one way our family can assist them.
(We have purchased some trash pinchers to help pick up trash.)
Did you know we have a disc golf course in our church backyard? We do! Thanks to
Parker Collins and so many other people involved in helping him with his Eagle
Scout project in 2019. So, due to our disc golf course, now we have a people daily
coming to play disc golf on our grounds! You are encouraged to play too. Cleaning up
our property will help our disc golf visitors as well.
What do you own that you can bring to help for the day?
- Do you have tools to cut down limbs high up and down low in the trees?Ladders, chainsaws, high limb loppers, regular loppers, etc. Bring them all!
- Do you have a trailer we could use to collect limbs and then take them to the dump? The dump is closed on Sundays, but we can load them up and send you away with a good load to take on Monday or when it’s convenient for you. *Call us if you plan to bring your trailer so we can plan accordingly.
- Do you have your own trash pinchers to help pick up trash? We will be picking up trash all around our grounds.
- Do you have posthole diggers? We hope to put some poles in the ground in various places for signage and for driving barriers.
Being outside and working side by side with our Alameda family is such a wonderful
thought! Let’s spend some time together, doing family stuff together.
You are part of the Alameda family and we want you with us!
MARCH 21, 2021 SCHEDULE:
11:45 AM – Lunch (provided by the Brickman life group)
12:30 PM – Job assignments, pray together, and let’s get started!
4:00 PM – Go home and rest
What to bring & prepare:
- Tools to help with the work
- Work gloves
- Be sure to dress ready to work with scratchy limbs.
- Smiles, and a willing and helpful spirit!
Tasks for the day:
1. Trash Clean up:
- Clean up trash on dry ground (focused areas)
- Clean up trash in creek
2. Limb Clean up:
- Cut high limbs
- Cut low limbs
- Drag limbs to trailer
- Load trailers
- Rake leaves
3. Post & Sign Placement
- Dig, cement, and fill holes for posts
- Carry & place posts