Let's go for a walk!
This Thursday, April 16th, we want to encourage you and your family to go for a walk around your neighborhood. But this isn't just any walk - this is a Prayer Walk!
If you've never done a Prayer Walk before, here are the basics:
- A Prayer Walk is a form of intercessory prayer, praying for the needs of others around you, even if you don't know them or their needs.
- As you walk, you silently pray for each person or each house or each need that comes to your heart and mind.
- You don't need to carry a Bible or make a show of what you're doing.
- When you pass by a house, pray that the members of that household may know Christ and trust in Him.
- When you see others on your walk, silently pray for them, that God would bless them, provide for them, and protect them.
- If you pass by a house where it's obvious children live or pass by a park, pray for the raising of children and grandchildren in the Lord.
- If you see a "For Sale" sign in a yard, pray for a smooth transition and move for those leaving and the new neighbors coming.
- As you walk in silence, "listen" to what God is putting on your heart and lift those things up to him in prayer.
- If you want, you can even call some neighbors and ask them if they have any prayer needs that you can pray about on your walk.
- If you can't go for a walk, then go for a drive around your neighborhood or community, and pray in the same ways.